Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Don't Take Boland for Granted - Letter from Grandma

Bobbi-Sue's Grandmother wrote the following letter to the editor on behalf of Representative Mike Boland. I don't know if it was mailed to the paper in time to be published before the election, but a copy did make it's way to my desk here at home, so I can share it with you.

Audrey Gregg, Bobbi-Sue's Grandmother, genuinely likes Representative Boland ,and has even gone so far as to join Representative Boland in the Colona Memorial Day Parade. Audrey was a W.A.C. back during the Second World War, and Bobbi-Sue's late Grandpa Cliff Gregg was with the Military Police.


People of the 71st District please do not take Rep Boland for granted. I do not live in Rep Boland’s district, so I can not vote to keep him in office, even though he is my favorite State Representative. I admit that Rep Boland is in the news a lot! He actually works hard to notify thegeneral public here in Illinois about the legislation being voted on in Springfield. That way I can voice my support or concerns about that certain legislation to MY House Representative. Otherwise the general public has no idea of the legislation being passed into law in Springfield until it has already passed. Rep Boland is actually working as Rep and lobbyist for the little guys. Rep Boland works to make sure that laws designed to protect children, seniors, veterans and the working folks are brought to OUR attention so that we can voice our opinions.
Audrey Gregg
Viola IL 61486

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?