Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Gerald and Doris Bork - Serving Carroll County


One recurring theme visitors to this blog will notice, is that I return time and time again to the wonderful people I’ve had the chance to meet and become friends with because of my service to Rep. Mike Boland and the people of the 71st District.

Gerald and Doris Bork are a couple of the great folks I’ve had the good fortune to associate with during my time with Mike Boland. Gerry is the Democratic Carroll County Chairman, and Doris serves on Mt. Carroll City Council, as well as currently being a candidate for Carroll County Treasurer.

As I mentioned once before, they are hosting a fund-raising reception for Representative Boland this Saturday, October 28, 2006 from 4 until 7, at their home in Mt Carroll. The Borks are always terrific hosts, so this is one of the events I truly enjoy attending. Bobbi-Sue will likely shoot a couple of good pictures of the event for me to share here on Sunday. Hopefully I’ll see you there!

In the meantime, here’s a picture of Rep. Boland with Gerry and Doris outside of Savanna City Hall earlier this week. The Borks were kind enough to take a few minutes out of their day this Tuesday to attend the check presentation in Savanna. I hope Gerry and Doris realize how much Mike and I appreciate their continuing support!

Comments:
Is it true that Haring has offered the staff to stay on if he wins for the good of the constituants. If he does win will you accept and help the constituants out or will you abandon the people for your own reasons?
 
To the best of my knowledge there is no truth to that rumor.

Bobbi-Sue and I have not been contacted by Steve Haring or his campaign staff, so there's certainly been no offer of that sort made to us.

I very much enjoy serving the people of the 71st, and I do hope to continue in some form of public service wherever I might go or work in the future.

I know a LOT of senior citizens and disabled folks do depend on Bobbi-Sue and I for assistance, and I do feel a strong sense of community and responsability with those individuals. I also know that Representative Boland allows me to "go the extra mile" when it comes to helping, and I certainly could not do the job without that kind of freedom.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?