Saturday, October 14, 2006

 

Recent Event at Evelyn and Burt Phillips - Mike Boland's 4th Annual Henry County Cookout


Back on Saturday, September 23rd we held Mike Boland's 4th Annual Henry County Cookout at the home of Evelyn and Burt Phillips. Evelyn and Burt are always wonderful and gracious hosts, and Burt's pork chop sandwiches are very tasty (I think I ate at least 3!).

Burt and Evelyn's home is beautiful, and the rural property it's located on is like a picture postcard of where I'd wish to retire! Burt has a stocked pond, with "pet" catfish he feeds regularly, although he does allow fishing for this event (no minnows!).

Our dog Sadie enjoyed chasing some of Burt's chickens (egged on by John Green!) and generally going "dog wild" for the event, which is always one of my personal favorites. The weather threatened all afternoon which probably held down turn-out a little, but it only sprinkled a bit, so the weather was overcast but actually quite nice.

The picture associated with this post was taken by my wife Bobbi-Sue (© Huntoon - 2006), who is an excellent photographer, and who is one of the great joys of my life! It features Representative Boland with a trio of members from S.E.I.U. (Service Employees International Union) who braved the weather to attend. I think they enjoyed the afternoon too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?