Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Third Annual Carroll County Reception


I am pleased to announce the next Mike Boland fundraising event.

WHAT - Third Annual Carroll County Reception - Spaghetti Supper
WHEN - Saturday Oct 28, 2006
WHERE - the Home of Gerald and Doris Bork
ADDRESS - 1 Mill Drive, Mt. Carroll Illinois
Suggested donation is $15 for individuals and $25 for couples.

I've got to say up front that I really like Gerry and Doris Bork, they are great individuals that I am proud to call friends. Gerry Bork is the Carroll County Chairman for the Democratic Party, and is a former candidate for State Representative. Gerry ran a very strong race in the district that neighbors the 71st to the north. If I remember correctly, that's the 89th legislative district, and it's currently represented by Republican Jim Scacia.

Doris Bork is a delightful lady and a great hostess. Doris is politically active also, she is a member of the Mount Carroll City Council and is a candidate for Carroll County Treasurer. I know Doris has been working really hard walking in Carroll County talking to voters, so I think she's going to do very well. I think the taxpayers of Carroll County will win when Doris wins this November.

I'm still searching thru the archives here at "Casa Huntoon" to see if I can find a nice picture of Gerry and Doris Bork, until I find a good pic of them, I've posted an image from one of the Carroll County Parades we marched in for Representative Boland this last summer.

Comments:
I've already voted for you Mike, you have to love early voting. Best of luck Mike.
 
Thank for your comments Craig, and for you vote for Rep. Boland!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?